Friday 11 April 2008

Got to start somewhere.

I have been gathering car bits together for too many years, with the idea of sitting down and designing a really good electric car, and
then building it. Unfortunately, I'm quite bad at planning things.
And then, Doug Fambro [edit: slipped up there, meant to say Steve Fambro!)] got his Aptera rolling, which is just about perfect and uses loads of the same ideas I had.

So, this week I finally bought some steel and decided to just start welding stuff together, and see what happens.

So I've started to make a ladder chassis to which I can attach the Triumph Herald suspension units. I've actually got two sets of these,
such is my hoarding inclination.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Mannyman said...

Is Doug his nickname? I thought Fambro's first name is Steve...
:)
Will yours be a one seater?

EVan said...

You're right! Why did I say Doug?!

No, it will seat two side-by-side, possibly a bench type seat.